Friday, September 23, 2011

36 weeks 1 day

Today I had my last appointment at the Diabetes center. As I feared, she checked another Hgb A1C
Luckily, it was good! Holding steady at 5.2%. (My initial one ws 5.5, the 2nd one they did a few weeks ago was 5.2. I was so afraid that todays would be higher, because I admit, I have not been as hard core, stick to the diet as I initially was!!!)
She gave me my orders to take with me to the hospital when I go into labor, instructing them what to do as far as diet orders, insulin orders and so forth. It seems surreal..... She also mentioned that if the Dr's end up setting up a scheduled C-Section, to have them do it 1st thing in the AM! Wow! That was crazy to hear! I ask if she saw a lot of women with gestational diabetes that required a C-Section & she said that many did. In my case, she would guess that I might have one if I don't go into labor on my own by 39 weeks....not b/c of the diabetes or fear of a large baby, but b/c I had a C-section yrs ago & then 4 more pregnancies since then, so if they had to induce my labor, I would be a high risk for rupture. Hopefully, I will just go into labor on my own on my magic day...38wks 1 day.....exactly 2 weeks from today.

1 comments:

someday-soon said...

Wow, only two weeks *EEEE* Can't wait for her arrival =)

Blog Archive