Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Tired.

I am fighting off a cold and am just oh so T.I.R.E.D!!! Living in a hotel is really starting to suck, especially with Christmas right around the corner. Honestly, I really do not even think about it being Christmas time because we have no tree, no decorations. )-: Boo hiss! I just sat down & calculated how much extra mileage & gas expense that I am accruing here. I feel like I LIVE in the car. In a nutshell, I used to drive about 145 miles a week...at a cost of about $26/wk in gas. My oldest daughter rode the bus to & from school everyday, so I only had to take Peyton to & from his preschool 3x a week and then myself to & from work 2x a week. NOW....I drive 474 miles per week and spend $89/week in gas. I am about to fax in these details to my insurance company and see if I can get reimbursed the extra $63/week in gas money. I wish I didn't have to spend so much dang time in the car. I feel bad for Isabella, who is such a trooper and so good about it....but I feel bad that we are always rush, rush, rush & then back into the carseat she goes...back into the car...ugh!!!! Today after we took Meghan to school and dropped her off at 8am, Peyton, Isabella & I headed over to the house. I do this a lot on Tue, Wed & Thurs when he has preschool b/c we have an hour to kill essentially..... So, today, we go in real quick, check the mailbox, change Isabella's diaper on the couch (they finally started packing our stuff up yesterday into boxes etc)& as we were leaving, the painters arrive. I am glad I was there! I had no idea they were coming. It would have been nice to have a heads up so I could have colors prepared. I am not wanting major chnges, but slight color changes here & there would have been nice. First of all, they had not been told exactly HOW MUCH painting there was to do! But they called the main contractor & got the ok for it all, but still!!! I ask them what colors they had & I think they just thought they were painting the ceilings only (white). But there was also my laundry room (medium tan color), the front hallway (pale yellow), the one wall in my family room (light tan/beige), the stairwell (medium tan) and one wall in our upstairs hallway (sage green). Not to mention the ceiling in the laundry room, hallway & the entire family room/kitchen area since its an open floor plan & all connected. They were very nice though & left before me saying they were headed to Lowes to get some paint...they had samples of the colors from each wall & would have to have it color matched. The movers also arrived along with the woman from "Kleen Pro", the company in charge of the clean up & restoration. So, when I left, they were getting set up to take out all of our belongings & put them in storage. Hopefully, things will now move along MUCH faster!!! Our spare bedroom was not affected by any of the water damage, so it is not being touched. We put a lot of our stuff in there & I had an extra carseat in the closet in there that I had wanted to get out & let my brother & his wife use it for their baby on Friday when they fly in from California. I opened that bedroom door today & the room is PACKED with stuff! Extra furniture from the master bedroom etc, there is no way to get in there to get to the closet. Which brings me to dilema #2. If the house is NOT finished by Christmas I am SOL, because I have all the gifts for my inlaws and some for my mom in that closet!!!! Thank goodness I hid Peyton's gifts in our attic, which is easily accessed from our bedroom! I plan to stop by there at 3pm today after I pick Meghan up from school....hopefully the painters will have made good progress by then! That will cheer me up!
Oh and did I mention that Shane ran into our neighbors at the mall the other day (they live 2 streets over & we know them b/c our daughters used to be friends) & their oldest daughter who lives with them (she is like 21) apparently told the mom one day "Guess what!!?? Karen & Shane got foreclosed on & are no longer living in their home! There's a lock box on the door!" So, that's nice, people are thinking that!!!! How embarrassing!! Shane gave her the real scoop...maybe they will spread it around the neighborhood...our neighborhood is not that big & so everyone is very gossipy! NICE!!

1 comments:

someday-soon said...

You have been such a trooper through this! I know it must really suck with the holidays coming up. Hopefully now that the painting has begun progress will be quick and you'll be back home before the holiday =)

Sounds like you got the scoop to the right family to spread the news *lol*

Blog Archive