Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Sad Fertilization Report

I had high hopes, but this morning as I was getting Peyton out of his carseat at his preschool, the nurse called me with our 1st fert report. Out of the 17 eggs that they retrieved, only 10 were actually mature. She said they injected all ten (so I am assuming that they had to do ICSI, meaning DH's sperm still is poor) and that of those 10, 7 fertilized. However, 2 fizzled out and never grew. So, we now have 5 embryos that are supposedly growing. How well, I have no clue. I do know that she talked about doing a 3 day transfer on Friday, so they obviously do not want to mess around & wait to day 5 with only 5 embryos. Besides, who knows if any will make it to Friday & how good they will be. I must have very poor egg quality. I am sad. I guess all we can do now is pray. I know 5 is better than none......

1 comments:

Jenny said...

You know we're praying for you and your eggies. And 5 is still a good number at this point!! Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping to hear about 5 happy embryos on Friday! You could be Shane and Karen plus 8 ;o)

Blog Archive