Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I need to get my butt in gear.....

We decided to pursue IVF (in vitro fertilization) about a month ago and although things are progressing SLOWLY....it is quickly approaching! SLOWLY, as in my period will be taking about 41 days to show up this month as opposed to the normal 28 days, but I can't do anything about that....yet quickly, as in the hubby goes in on July 27for his 1st big appointment and his bloodwork. I will not probably go back in 'til early August. In either case, we are probably just a month shy of THE START! I am so excited and nervous at the same time. I just want to do everything I can to prepare my body & have the best outcome possible....I am exercising regularly (which I know will have to be curtailed during the actual IVF procedure), doing weekly acupuncture, taking my daily multivitamin & folic acid, hubby is taking his daily vitamin & Vitamin E.......I looked up a bunch of "tips and wivestails" yesterday from veteran IVF'ers and jotted down quite a few good ideas: Nightly foot soaks...I have heard of this, part of chinese medicine, soaking your feet for 20 min every night in warm water. So...check! Started that last night! (that foot soaker/massager we have finally came in handy, glad I didn't sell it at the yardsale!!) Walking for 30 minutes a day...Check! Took Peyton out last night for a 30 min walk around the neighborhood, even though I had worked out at the gym earlier in the day, I am going to walk for 30 min at home every night. Several of the other tips require a trip to the grocery store and/or google'ing on the netz......at least one whey protein shake daily, drink Organic whole milk, eat fresh, organic pineapple (especially the core) starting on day one of stims...helps with the lining....drink gatorade, 2 liters of water per day, get extra protein into your diet, CoQ10 daily (120-200mg), Pomegrante Juice (antioxidants, like wine) and DHEA 25- 75mg daily. I of course will need to check with my doc on some of this.... Also, the strangest one yet, and I saw it mentioned twice...a McDonald's Egg McMuffin! One person mentioned eating one on the way to their egg transfer.

0 comments:

Blog Archive