Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Whole Wheat Banana Muffins

I decided to play around with my favorite banana muffin recipe today! I substituted Splenda for the sugar and whole wheat flour for the white flour. I also substituted Stevia to sprinkle on top of the muffins at the end, instead of powdered sugar. I haven't tasted one yet because I am still on my HCG diet AND I have a major head cold and can't really taste anyways! I will have to have my husband be my guinea pig when he gets home! I do think that next time I may not put the whole 1 3/4 cup of flour in....maybe wheat flour is bulkier??


Ingredients

1
cup splenda no-calorie sweetener
1
cup Margarine or butter
1
egg (Large)(I used a brown egg from my co-worker's chicken!!!)
1.5
cups, mashed bananas
1
teaspoon baking soda
1
teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4
cup wholewheat flour
1/2
cup white flour
1
tablespoon water
1
teaspoon Mixed Spice (it calls for nutmeg...I had pumpkin pie spice!)


1 mix splenda and margarine
2 add egg and mix well
3 add bananas
4 dissolve baking soda in water
5 add vanilla to batter
6 add baking soda/water to batter
7 sift dry ingredients together
8 gradually add dry ingredients to batter
9 mix well
10 spoon into muffin tin
11 bake at 350 degrees for 20 min
12 when cool, sprinkle with Stevia in the raw if you'd like!

Update....
Definitely need to tweak these some! My husband said the 1st batch was very dry! I am going to make a 2nd batch tonight with maybe 2 cups bananas, an extra egg and only 1 cup wheat flour.... I will have to play around with it!

2/23
ok, so I made a 2nd batch and they are much better! I am going to change the ingedients list above!!!

2 comments:

someday-soon said...

They look yummy! When I use wheat instead of white I put in a little less flour or a little more apple sauce or oil. It seems like it is bulkier than white.

Karen and Shane Ellison said...

yes! agreed! live and learn! lol!!!!

Blog Archive