Friday, August 5, 2011

Gestational Diabetes

Today I had my appointment at the diabetes center. Looks like they will be treating me as a full blown gestational diabetes patient. I am on the mild end of it, but have it. My blood sugar was 132 about 2 hrs after eating breakfast....they want to see 120 ONE hour after eating. They also ran a blood test called Hgb A1C which tells them how well controlled your blood sugars have been over the past 3 mos...range for normal is 4.2 to 5.5....I was 5.5! She said it was probably lower at beginning of my pregnancy. so...I now have a glucometer and have to check my blood sugar 4x a day and record it on a form and fax it in every week. I have a meal plan to follow, I have to go in for a visit to their clinic every week! Fun! But it will be ok...the diet won't be too bad! I just hate that I have to fool with all this crap when I go to Las Vegas in 2 weeks for a girls weekend! Boo Hiss!

1 comments:

someday-soon said...

Sorry you have to mess with all that =( It'll all be worth it in the end of course but what a pain...

Blog Archive