Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Our birth story

Ok, so it's been almost 2 weeks....I have been such a bad blogger! But here is our be-lated birth story....
I started noticing a lot of discharge down THERE (-: on June 2nd in the evening as well as low back cramping/aching. I just KNEW labor was starting. I went to bed & woke up at 3:30am with mild cramps...went to the bathroom & saw a tinge of blood on the TP & in the toilet. I laid down in bed and started to time the "cramps"....they were regular, about 6 min apart. At 4am, I got up again, more blood. I woke hubby up & told him that he better call his work & let them know he would not be in! LOL! By about 5/5:30am, I had showered and was ready to go. We took Peyton to our neighbor's house and were off to the hospital. Once there, I was admitted and given a room...contractions were 4-5 min apart & I was almost 5cm dilated. They started my IV and got the requisite fluid into me ASAP so I could get my epidural. Once that was in, I was golden! (-: I dilated very quickly to 9cm, but Isabella was a stubborn one & was really taking her time dropping down. Originally they thought I'd have her by 9am or so...but she didn't arrive til noon! Once she was down, they had me push a few times and out she came! Her apgars were 8 & 9 and she was perfect! They put her on my chest right away and I got to hold & cuddle her. They cleaned her up, weighed her...8lbs 1oz...she seemed so much smaller!!...and her length was 21". She is a long, lean little bean! Then, we got to spend about an hour together and she breast fed. She is beautiful! Dark brown hair, dark blue/gray eyes for now.....she looks just like me! (-:

She is now 12 days old and is such a good baby. We are all so in love with her! She is so laid back...she only fusses when she is wet or hungry! Peyton loves her so much, and is really loving being a big brother! Here are a few pictures...




3 comments:

Unknown said...

so beautiful! what a proud big brother! and btw you look fantastic for just having a baby! you look like you just went shopping or something :-)

someday-soon said...

Such great pictures! So happy you're all doing great =)

Anonymous said...

What a great story and such a beautiful baby! Congratulations!

Blog Archive