Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Being that we are old and I am pregnant, we were in bed asleep by 11pm or so last night. Even my almost 60 year old father-in-law stayed up past midnight, because he called us at 12:13am to wish us a Happy New Year...I fumbled for the phone, dead asleep!
I know New Years Resolutions are over-rated and I never follow through entirely, but I have a few for this year anyways. I think they are pregnancy related mostly....

1. To declutter and simplify the house.
ie: get rid of all the excess crap that we do not need or use. Clothes, toys, furniture, crap in the garage etc.

2. To be a better spender, be more frugal!
ie: at the grocery store, cut back on the McD's runs, the Starbucks runs etc. Figure out ways to save money around here....turning off lights that aren't being used etc.

3. To save more money and spend less!
ie: So we will have more $$ to live on when I go on maternity leave. I am also not going to use anymore vacation days at work between now & June and I REALLY am going to pick up extra shifts to make even more money!!

4. To be more prepared in the kitchen...
ie: plan out all the meals ahead of time & make extras to freeze for later. Thus, eating out less!

0 comments:

Blog Archive